- Explain the general functions
of the nervous system.
- Describe the general
structure of a neuron.
- Explain how differences in
structure and function are used to classify neurons.
- Explain how a membrane
- Describe the events that lead
to the condtuction of a nerve impulse.
- Explain how information
passes from one neuron to another.
- Name the parts of a reflex
arc, and describe the function of each part.
- Describe the coverings of the
brain and spinal cord.
- Name the major parts and
functions of the brain.
- Distinguish among motor,
sensory and association areas of the cerebral cortex.
- Describe the formation and
function of cerebrospinal fluid.
- Name the cranial nerves and
list their major functions.
- Describe the functions of the
autonomic nervous system.
- Distinguish between the
sympathetic and parasympathetic divisions of the autonomic nervous
- Describe a sympathetic and a
parasympathetic nerve pathway.